Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Short term and long term

I have some pretty awesome goals I'm reaching towards right now. 2010 is definitely going to be a year of intense growth and action.

One of the biggest short term goals in my life right now is raising 3000 dollars (by April or May I think) to go to Brazil on a 2 week or more missions trip in June. I'm going through Gospel For Brazil. Check them out at gospelforbrazil.org. I'm definitely feeling called by God to go, because I love children and I have so much here in America that I couldn't imagine not helping others that have next to nothing in comparison. Add in that I can share the wonderful and powerful message of Jesus and that's a chance I just can't pass up!
I will post up the various ways I'll try to raise money in a couple weeks. If you feel led, contact me to donate or help raise money. I would greatly appreciate it!

I have other short term goals like a better foundation in parkour and tricking. Do well in school and work where I'm at now. Increase the teams and groups I'm a part of now in church. Get a little practice with graphic design through customizing this blog. :D These aren't nearly as important, but still on my heart.

The biggest long term goal in my life right now is finding where God is leading me in my future, as in a career.
To help me decide, I'm prayerfully seeking out places to get involved more seriously at church and in school. So far I know that my heart is in serving, loving and guiding children and teenagers, art, and obviously mission trips. I am seriously considering school for graphic design, and maybe a year long internship at a church for that.

This is just kind of where I'm at right now.
Please comment with your thoughts and goals for this year and the future! It's really encouraging to hear from other people, especially in shared experiences. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment