Monday, February 8, 2010

This Weekend of Celebration

Ok... So I've been sick since Thursday, and actually didn't work Thursday or Friday so I could just recover. It didn't feel great, and truthfully I'm still slightly congested. Plus, now I barely have a voice, but I feel so incredible at the same time!

Saturday night I got to see Nick and Sarah Ross at their going away party at The Surfhouse (even though they've been gone for a couple weeks or more anyways. haha) and it was just great to see that God is placing them somewhere that He can use them to change peoples lives and spread His love. :D

THEN, This Sunday was Lifepoint Churches 4th Birthday! We blew up Kenan Auditorium in celebration of all that God has done over these years through Lifepoint in Wilmington. The place was packed, we sang, and screamed, and cried, and baptized like 30 people or something, and hugged, and everything I can think of to send our praises up to God. (That of course is how I lost my voice. Not from being sick.) I saw a bunch of my friends publicly show their devotion and love for God and couldn't be happier! Lunch with some friends at the Carolina Ale House proved purdy good too.

THEN, I got to attend PC3's 4 o clock service with a couple friends of mine and see 2 more people get Baptized! That place was different than I'm used to for sure, but still pretty sweet.

THEN, I went to a super awesome super bowl party with a wonderful group of people from Lifepoint at Midtown and caught the game on a 9 by 11 foot screen.

Basically, I felt crappy almost all weekend till Sunday (and I didn't even get to work out), but even through all of that I couldn't help but rejoice and praise and worship my great and mighty God! Sometimes things can be better, but God still loves us and I just pray that I'll never lose that zeal for my God, and seeing the salvation of others through Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment